Was eager to bake some muffin as per my fellow blogger-friend's recipe, but unfortunately I did not have the main ingredient in stock! Too lazy to shop for it, I changed mind and baked Lemon Yoghurt Muffin instead. I sticked to this recipe after 2 trials and some adjustments to fit our taste buds.
I must say that I have a soft corner for lemons ever since the Lemon Butter Cake happened! I did try some other similar recipes too...
Now back to the muffin. Combination of yoghurt and lemon gives great oomph. I baked them a little longer to get the crusty top! I loved it...
Check out the recipe to know more...
LEMON YOGHURT MUFFIN by love2cook
- 220gm all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 160gm sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plain yoghurt ( U may use lemon flavoured yoghurt )
- 1/2 cup melted margerine
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 170C. (Oven temp setting may vary)
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg and add yoghurt, melted margerine, lemon rind and juice.
- Fold in flour mixture into yoghurt mixture. Mix well and spoon batter into lined muffin tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Couldn't find any lemon muffin cups...strawberry can can lah!!! Hihihihi...
Hereby, I'd like to wish to all my friends around the globe! Pongalooooooo Pongal!!! Wish you had the greatest celebration...don't forget to pass me the pongal rice!