♥...Bread & Butter Pudding...♥
A simple and yummy dessert...
BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING by love2cook(makes 3 ramekins, may also use appropriate pie dish)
- 6 bread slices
- cinnamon powder
- 225ml fresh milk
- 2 tbsps thickened cream ( I used Paul's)
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsps sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- icing sugar
- Grease 3 ramekins with butter. Then, spread butter on one side of each bread slices. Cut them into triangles. ( U may leave them squared)
- Place bread pieces ( 2 triangles first) in the ramekin. Press a little. Sprinkle some raisins and cinnamon powder.
- Now make 2nd layer with 2 more triangles. Press a little and sprinkle some raisins and cinnamon powder. Do the same with the other ramekins. Leave them aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg with sugar and vanilla essence. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, heat milk with cream (do not boil). Turn off heat.
- Combine milk into egg mixture, stirring continuously until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Leave them to rest for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 170C for 25-30 minutes. (*Oven settings may vary)
- Leave to cool, dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
Straight from oven...!!!