I baked an Eggless Chocolate Cake again yesterday. Spread chocolate ganache and chilled overnight. Gave some to my son for his break time in school today. I'm aware of his craze for chocolates, that's why I added choc chips in the batter and choc rice over the ganache. Hehe...
Being an addict to eggless choc cakes, I too liked this cake. Truly chocolatey, delicious and spoon licking good!
I bookmarked the recipe at Veg Bowl quite some time back. The foodie, Ms Mallika has one lovely, yummylicious Vegetarian food blog. She posts variety of dishes, cakes and desserts, made vegan way! Do stop by her blog and drool at her excellent food presentation and photographs...
A good friend of mine, Kak Roz from HomeKreations had also baked this cake and given her verdict.
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE adapted from Death By Chocolate by VegBowl
- 125gm plain flour
- 50gm milk powder ( I skipped this)
- 60ml warm milk ( I had 180ml)
- 100gm sugar
- 80gm cocoa powder
- 50gm melted butter ( I used salted butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- A pinch of salt ( I skipped)
- 20ml coffee liquor ( I mixed 1 tbsp coffee in 20ml hot water)
- 50gm choc chips ( my addition )
- Stir warm milk and coffee together. Add in butter and vanilla essence, whisk well.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate, salt and cocoa powder. Combine well. Fold in the wet mixture and dry ingredients. Mix in the choc chips.
- Pour in a greased cake tin and bake for 35 minutes.
For the chocolate ganache (my addition) ;
500 gm cooking chocolate (finely chopped)
300 gm heavy cream
30 gm butter
Heat heavy cream until it boils. Turn off flame. Add chopped cooking chocolate n stir quickly. Finally add butter and mix well. Leave it to cool at room temperature before use.
That's all...thanks for reading! Hehehe...
Cheerful Weekend !!!
Before you go, check out other Eggless Chocolate Cakes I've baked HERE, HERE and HERE!