Hello friends, how U all been??? We are doing very good here but started to get bored since my Hubby left for Cape Town last night. We had a real blast this month, super fun!!! Hehe...
Making murukku, a popular and a must-have snack during Diwali has become pretty easy with ready made flours. You may find several brand in stores, but I used Baba's Murukku Flour Mix. I was actually influenced by my Mum. She's been using Baba's all these while, thus I followed suit.
Though its a packed flour, I'd still need to prepare additional spices to mix with the flour. The recipe at reverse side of their pack does not include those spices. It would taste very plain without them. So, let's have a look at this easy-to-do murukku recipe. Anyone can make this and don't forget the murukku mould!
Baba's Murukku Flour Mix is made of rice, black gram, gram dhal and salt.
MURUKKU by love2cook
- 1 pack (500gm) Baba's Murukku flour
- 3 tbsp margerine/ ghee
- 1 tsp omum seeds ~ toasted
- 2 tsp sesame seeds ~ toasted
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds ~ toasted
- 380ml water (adjust to ur preference)
- curry leaves (optional)
- cooking oil to fry
- Mix flour with omum, sesame and cumin seeds. Now rub the flour with margerine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a dough by adding water gradually to the flour mixture. Prepare smaller doughs to fit in the murukku mould.
- Meanwhile, heat up the oil in wok. Place some dough into murukku mould and press through. Make a few swirls onto the reverse surface of a slotted spoon.
- Place the shaped murukku gently into oil and fry until it turns golden brown. U may add some curry leaves while frying is in process. Repeat till finish.
- Cool before storing.
Sending this entry to Shaz's Muhibbah Malaysian Monday!