Spicy Fish & Onion Fry...
Note :~ This is a spicy dish, adjust the chilli intake if you need to... ;)
SPICY FISH & ONION FRY
Ingredients (A) :~
- 5 blocks mackerel fish
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 onion ~ cut into rings
- 4 kaffir lime leaves ~ shredded
- 5 pcs bird's eye chillies (cili padi ) ~ do not slice
- 1/2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup water
- cooking oil
- 6 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 inch shrimp paste (belacan)
- 5 pcs bird's eye chillies (cili padi )
- Rub fish blocks thoroughly with turmeric powder and salt. Marinade for 15 minutes.
- Using a food processer, grind together ingredients (B).
- Deep fry the fish blocks in oil until well cooked. Place the fried fish on a serving plate. Keep aside.
- Leave about 4 tbsp oil in pan, saute the ground ingredients for 3 minutes. Add onion rings, chillies and shredded kaffir lime leaves.
- Keep stirring for another 3 minutes. Add water, tamarind paste and salt. Allow the gravy to boil and thicken.
- Check the seasoning and turn off the heat.
- Pour the onion gravy onto the readied fried fish. Serve with hot rice and some vege by side :)
My simplest way...
This looks oh-so-good! I could eat the pic:PReplyDelete
Irresistible!!!Loved the recipe....ReplyDelete
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey
Yummy , clicks are really tempting!!!ReplyDelete
I never had a fish prepared even close to this. I love the flavors and the preparation! This looks SO, SO GOOD!ReplyDelete
Looks sooo yummy!..Love, come and join Maggi Good to Great Campaign hereReplyDelete
Fabulous fish dish! And I love the cili padi too :)ReplyDelete
Delicious recipe...looks mouthwatering.ReplyDelete
Have a lovely week ahead :)
yummy..n v tempting....my all time fav,..fish!!!hey shri ..what is ur mail id?ReplyDelete
I'm drooling....drooling...drooling sis...ReplyDelete
It's been real long time since I had this dish, I remember the last time was in Kerla (now Trevendram I guess) it taste out of this world. Beautiful clicks and presentation :)ReplyDelete
Fish fry looks simply fingerlicking.ReplyDelete
Lagi pedas lagi bagus :DReplyDelete
Kita suka kalau masakan pedas....berselera makan...ReplyDelete
wuihh sedap nih, makin pedas makin sedappp.. slurrpReplyDelete
Hi Love, tambah nasi please!!! My favorite fish mackerel no matter cook in what style. But love to deep fry it then cook in tomato, ginger and salted vegetable soup. Very appetizing dish. ;)ReplyDelete
Have a lovely day ahead. Regards, with hugs and kisses to you.