Well, I've been totally resting my hand from doing any hard work for now. Thank God, hubby is here to help me out.
I wanted to have some samosas with tea and I did it with a helping hand...my hubby's of course :)
Simpler version of using the ready made spring roll skins (kulit popiah). I forgot to request hubby to snap the steps of rolling the samosas. Shall do it again next time.
We used whatever ingredients left to make these yummy samosa filling.
POTATO SAMOSAS Filling :~
- 3 pcs large potatoes ~ diced
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onions ~ diced
- 2 cloves garlic ~ diced
- 1 green chilli ~ diced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp meat curry powder
- 1/2 cube of anchovies stock (kiub pati ikan bilis) ~ optional
- corriander leaves ~ chopped
- cooking oil
- Heat oil in wok and fry the cubed potatoes until golden brown. (You may also boil the whole potatoes until cooked)
- Remove the fried potatoes on a plate. Reduce oil and stir fry cumin seeds, garlic, onions and green chillies.
- Add 1/3 cup water, chilli powder, curry powder and salt. Leave to boil. (Add more powders to suit your spiciness).
- Add in the fried potatoes and stir well. Cook for abt 2 minutes. Add anchovy cube if you like. Mix together.
- Lastly, add chopped corriander leaves.
- Wrap your spring roll skins into samosas and fill in with the potato.
- Glue the edges with flour paste.
- Deep fry in lots of oil until golden brown and drain on paper towel. Ready to be served!
Happy Tea-Breaking with Potato Samosas!!!