I'm sure New Year has brought lots of new dreams and resolutions for everyone. As for me, the same thing every year...LOSE WEIGHT, a resolution that has been brought forward for many years now, lol!
January is always a month of happiness for us. The New Year...and my Hubby's birthday on 17th. This year, we have triple bonanza!!! My Hubby will be returning home this month. He left to work last year, and we'll be meeting again this year...wow! Hoping he could return before his birthday *finger crossed!
On other note, Rishie has moved on to Primary Year 2. And, as usual...my daily chores started after a long school holidays.
So, these are the happenings for now...let's check out the dish.
This would mark my first food post for the year. A famous Malay style dish, and it's my favourite! :)
A quick version of mine, best served with white rice...and best if it's made spicy, using bird's eye chillies.
FISH IN SPICY COCONUT GRAVY / IKAN MASAK LEMAK CILI PADI by love2cook
(A) Marinade for 15 minutes
- 7 blocks of fish ( I used Threadfin / Senangin )
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 pcs shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 onion
- 12 nos bird's eye chillies ( add or less to your preference) ~ I used all green :)
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 3/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 pcs tamarind pulps
- 1 pc screwpine leaf (pandan) ~ knotted / OR kaffir lime leaves
- cooking oil
- Fry the marinated fish blocks in oil until golden brown or cooked.
- Reduce oil and stir fry the blended paste. Place the pandan leaf in and mix together. Cook covered for 3-5 minutes. Stir gradually.
- Add thin coconut milk, salt and tamarind pulps. Allow gravy to boil a few times.
- Add thick coconut milk and fried fish blocks. Mix slowly. Cover for another 2 minutes, leaving the gravy to boil. Check for salt.
- Add some water if you want a lighter gravy. As for me, I'd always liked it thick!
NOTE : You may try making this dish using chicken. OR fried bean curds / tofu.
Add red bird's eye chillies for little reddish :)
Received a New Year gift from dear Hubby, which arrived yesterday!
Will keep you posted on what I've got!!! Here's the first shot of the box.
Can someone guess what's inside??? ;)