Here's a dessert to cheer you all up. Specially for those loves cheese! The preparation, of course takes a little time. But when you have absolutely nothing to do, try on this.
CREAM CHEESE ORANGE SOUFFLESmakes about 4 ramekins
Melted butter ~ to grease the ramekins
Caster sugar ~ for dusting the ramekins
125gm cream cheese
30gm caster sugar
2 eggs ~ separate the yolks and egg white
1 tbsp plain flour
250ml warm milk
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp grated orange zest
Icing sugar ~ for dusting
- Grease 4 ramekins/souffles dishes with butter and dust with caster sugar on the bottom and sides. Leave aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Add in the flour and mix well.
- Combine the warm milk, orange juice and zest together. Whisk the milk mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a saucepan and stir constantly over very low heat for 3-5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens slightly. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Leave aside.
- Now, whip the white egg in a clean, dry bowl until stiff peak. Fold in the whipped white egg into the milk cheese mixture.
- Fill the ramekins with 2/3 full of the souffle mixture. Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving. Have it either warm or chilled.