I'll grab this opportunity to post my doughnuts! Can't type much, hope the screen don't go blue again...
Found the recipe at Mamafami's. She always amaze me with her bakes. The recipe looked pretty easy, most importantly..it's eggless! So here it goes..
DOUGHNUT / DONUT SURIA
3 cups flour
3 tbsp milk powder
3 tbsp shortening
3 tbsp caster sugar
200ml lukewarm water
2 tsp instant dry yeast
20ml water ~ extra if needed
- Mix well ingredients B.
- Pour into ingredients A and knead until a smooth and shiny dough forms.
- Roll about 1/2cm thickness, cut using doughnut cutter.
- Leave to proof for 1/2 an hour.
- Fry in oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel. Coat with icing sugar, melted chocolate or any topping or filling of your choice.