Loved this simple anchovies fry with rice, mixing with some rasam, dhal curry or tairu. Goes well with plain rice porridge too. I'll forget the whole world when having it. Since I don't have any other special dish to share today, why not the anchovies? Hope you don't mind!
CRISPY ANCHOVIES by love2cook
- 1 cup cleaned anchovies
- 1 medium sized onion ~ sliced
- 2 garlic cloves ~ chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder OR 1 tbsp dried chilli paste (may add more if prefer spicy)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- dried chillis sliced half (optional)
- cooking oil
- Heat oil in wok, fry anchovies until crispy. Drain on paper towel.
- Reduce oil in wok and stir fry garlic and onion.
- Add chilli powder, continue stirring and add oyster sauce. (make sure the heat is low)
- Lastly, add the fried anchovies. Mix together and dish out immediately.
- It's that simple!
Note : You may also fried potatoes to this dish. Sprinkle some salt over the potatoes when frying.