As usual, I made the curry a little thicker too...
YOGHURT MUTTON CURRY by love2cook
- 1kg mutton ( I used boneless)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 garlic cloves *
- 8 shallots *
- 1.5 inches ginger *
- 2 lemongrass stalks *
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 pc cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 1 large onion ~ sliced
- 2 large green chillies ~ sliced
- 1 curry leaf stalk
- 1 lemongrass stalk ~ slightly crushed
- 2 potatoes ~ cut each into 6
- 3 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp corriander powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp corriander leaves
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- In a pot, mix meat with turmeric powder and salt. Add some water and let it boil for 20 minutes. Keep aside. (U may also use pressure cooker)
- Blend ingredients marked * with little water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in wok and saute fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and star anise until fragrant. Add sliced onion, green chillies, curry leaves and lemongrass, stir for 3 minutes.
- Add in the blend paste and stir. Cooked covered for 3 minutes.
- Add mutton pieces together with some broth (water from the boiled pot) together with potatoes. Mix together, add more water if needed.
- Add chilli powder, corriander powder, fennel powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix thoroughly and cook covered for 10-15 minutes or until mutton and potato cooked.
- Mix in the corriander leaves and yogurt. Let the curry boil for 5 minutes. Check for seasonings, add salt if needed.
- Transfer to serving dish.
Sending my Yogurt Mutton Curry to Shaz and Tummy's Muhibbah Malaysian Monday...
Nasi Lemak Bungkus
Prawn with Quail Egg Sambal
Easy Baba's Murukku
Chocolate Mousse Pudding