Shrimps and potatoes make good combo, especially when made sambal or spicy fry like this. I've posted on my Prawn & Potato Sambal long time back. Check HERE.
And today's version is a little simpler with a touch of chilli powder. And I definitely prefer the smaller shrimps for this dish. Do try, yeah!!! :)
PRAWN & POTATO FRY
(A) Mix together
1kg medium shrimps ~ cleaned and leave the tail intact
2 tbsps chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 medium potatoes ~ cut into cubes ( you may add more )
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1 large onion ~ sliced
3 cloves garlic ~ minced
3 dried chillies ~ halved
3 sprigs curry leaves
- In a bowl, mix ingredients (A) and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cubed potatoes until light brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Stir fry fennel seeds, garlic, onion, dried chillies and curry leaves for 1 minute. Add in the marinated prawn.
- Fry for 10-15 minutes, stir occasionally until gravy thickens. I'll wait until the color turns darker.
- Mix the gravy and add the fried potatoes. Add a little more salt if needed and mix thoroughly.
- This dish is dry, so no water needed. Dish out to serve :)
You may skip potatoes and just use prawn.
Don't forget to join my GIVEAWAY!!!