Hello everyone! Good to see you all again. I'm still here, wandering around! Thank you for stopping by and leaving your precious views. Million thanks to those participating in my GIVEAWAY! Yeah, keep your entries coming...by 4th July :)
By the way, I'd love to share my Hubby's favourite dessert today. I've made this dessert numerous times before but never posted the recipe in my blog and I wonder why and how I missed it! Glad a reader, Ms Menakha emailed me to share the recipe and such a coincidence that I prepared the same dessert last evening! Thank you for reminding me sis! :)
BLACK GLUTINOUS RICE DESSERT /
BUBUR PULUT HITAM
- 200gm black glutinous rice ~ washed and soaked in water for 1 hour or longer, drained
- 400ml coconut milk + extra 100ml for serving
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250gm sugar
- 3 screwpines (pandan leaves) ~ knotted
- Place soaked glutinous rice in a large deep pot. Add about 2 litres of water.
- Boil over low flame for 1 hour plus. Until the rice softens / cooked.
- Stir occasionally to avoid burnt bottom. (Add more water if the rice dries up).
- Once the rice is cooked, add coconut milk, salt, sugar and screwpines.
- Allow the mixture to boil a few times and make sure to stir the bottom often.
- Check for sweetness, add more sugar if needed.
- Serve hot or warm with extra thick coconut milk.
I love this dessert thick. You may add some water if it's too thick for you.
See ya'll again!