Here's a simple yet easy to make and delicious squid curry. I'm not a big fan of squid except for the cripsy fried rings...
Rishie loves squids made curry, so this is for him.
SQUIDS IN COCONUT CURRY by love2cook
- 800gm squids ~ cleaned and cut into rings
- 5 cloves garlic *
- 2 inches ginger *
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices (cumin, mustard seeds, fenugreek)
- 1 pc onion ~ sliced
- 2 green chillies ~ sliced
- 1 large potato ~ cut into big cubes
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 tbsp chilli powder (or.. 2 tbsp curry powder & 1 tbsp chilli powder)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 large tomato ~ sliced
- salt to taste
- Pound together garlic and ginger.
- Mix chilli and turmeric powder with a little water to form a paste.
- Heat oil in wok and saute mixed spices, onions, green chillies and curry leaves until fragrant.
- Mix in pounded garlic and ginger paste.
- Add squids, potatoes and tamarind juice. Mix and cover the wok for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mixed powder paste. Stir well with the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water and salt. Let the curry boil for few minutes, lastly add tomato.
- Turn off heat after few boils. Curry is ready to be served! :)