I guess the similarity of Tofu Fa or Tau Foo Fah's texture and smoothness made Kak Nor to title her dessert as such. This pudding is truly milky, guess why...b'coz it has mixture of coconut milk, evaporated and condensed milk. Serve the pudding chilled with fruits cocktail / lychees / any fruits! I forgot the whole world when scooping it!
Thank you Kak for a simple yet DELICIOUS dessert...yummmm! Here's the translated recipe for easy reference by all...
PUDING TAUHU ( Tofu Pudding ) by Kak Nor, SecubitGaram :)
- 1/2 packet agar-agar strips (18gm) ~ soaked and drained
- 1.5 litre water
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 small can condensed milk ( I had 230ml)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 tbsps sugar ( I added 6 tbsps)
- 2 screwpine leaves ~ knotted
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Leave aside.
- In a bigger saucepan, bring to boil water and agar-agar strips until dissolved. Add sugar and screwpines leaves.
- Add the milk mixture and stir until few boils. Turn off heat immediately.
- Leave the mixture to lukewarm. Pour into prepare small glasses/ramekins/bowls/moulds.
- Allow to cool before chilling until the pudding sets.
- Add chilled fruits with some sugar syrup before serving.
* Kak Nor originally topped the pudding with lychees and sugar syrup, I used canned fruits cocktail and the syrup.
* I added drops of colouring to make the pudding more inviting, thanks Rishie for the idea!
Thank You for coming over...