DRY CHICKEN RENDANG by love2cook
1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and cut into medium size
3/4 tbsp turmeric powder
1 inch fresh turmeric
1/2 inch ginger
1 inch galangal
4 cloves garlic
2 pcs candlenut (buah keras)
4 stalks lemongrass
10 pcs bird's eye chilli
1 pc screwpine leaf ( pandan ) ~ knotted
3/4 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 slices tamarind pulps
1 large turmeric leaf ~ shredded
2-3 tbsp coconut paste (kerisik)
- Mix chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt. Deep fry in oil until 3/4 cooked. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Stir fry blended paste and screwpine leaf until fragrant. Cook with lid covered for about 15 minutes over low flame. The longer the better. Stir once awhile.
- Add coconut milk, water, tamarind pulp, salt and sugar. Let to boil for few times, over low flame.
- Add shredded turmeric leaf.
- Mix in the fried chicken, cook covered for another 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Check for seasoning. Add coconut paste (kerisik). Mix together until gravy thickens.
- Ready to be served.
* Rendang tastes really good if you saute the blended ingredients longer, especially if you add dried chilli paste in it.
Share your CHICKEN RECIPES on FACEBOOK :)
Thank you for reading,