And the result...okey, I shouldn't be praising my own cooking. Asked my son ( my food critic after my Hubby ) said it's so tasty and delicious, that he kept asking for 2nd and 3rd helpings. That means, I passed the test...haha!
ANCHOVIES & QUAIL EGGS SAMBAL by love2cook
- 1 cup cleaned anchovies
- 15 pcs boiled and peeled quail eggs
- 1/4 cup dried chilli paste ( cili boh ) ~ I used super hot dried chillis
- 5 shallots ~ chopped
- 3 cloves garlic ~ chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger ~ chopped
- 1/4 tsp tamarind paste
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- cooking oil
- Fry anchovies till crispy and keep aside.
- Reduce oil and stir fry chopped garlic, shallots and ginger until fragrant.
- Add chilli paste and stir for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup water and tamarind paste, salt and sugar.
- Stir and let the gravy boil.
- Once the gravy thickens to desired taste, add quail eggs and mix.
- Lastly, add in the fried anchovies. Mix well together, allow to simmer and turn off heat.
- Ready to be served with plain rice or nasi lemak :)
** As usual, I prefer thick sambal. Thus, I let the gravy boil and thickens.
Have a great weekend!