Good Day friends! Hope you are in a good health and mood :)))
Apologize for my missing in action...here I am again, with a simple dimple plain butter cake which has been in my draft for quite awhile now. I somehow overlooked at this cake which I made 2 months back! Well who will say no to Butter Cake, me not!
A slice or two or more of butter cake with a cuppa tea makes my evening perfect. Irresistible combo! What's yours???
Anyways, here's the recipe to a perfect plain butter cake, which was adapted from a fellow blogger. Thank you Kak Jee for sharing a spoon licking Butter Cake recipe with us!!! Terima kasih beribu-ribu lemon! :)
PLAIN BUTTER CAKEby Kak Jee from Dunia Dari Dapur Kak Jee
- 250gm butter ~ soften at room temperature
- 150gm - 200gm castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200gm self raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp evaporated milk
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour gradually.
- Pour batter in a greased and lined cake tin. Bake at 170C for 45 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wired rack.
- Slice and enjoy!!!
* You may add 1 tbsp of freshly grated lemon rind together with its juice before adding the flour. Makes a Lemon Butter Cake! :)
If you slice the cake when it's still warm, this what happens! Nevertheless, it's one of the best!!! :)
Wish you a memorable day :)