I called up Machines, Aeon Bukit Tinggi Klang at 10 this morning to enquire on the availability of the New Ipad and was told to walk in. Hubby drove me straight there. When we reached the Machines, we noticed quite a number of people already in the shop. As I walked towards a sales rep, he asked me if I have obtained the queue ticket. He advised me to first get the queue ticket at the Starbucks located at the ground floor, then to return to the Machines.
DUH!!! Why should we go down from 2nd to ground floor just to get the queue ticket, then go up again and line up to get the Ipad? They could have just given the tickets there itself, and not troubling the customers to walk up and down. Atleast the person who answered my call could have told me to do so before walking in. Sigh!
I just told him that I'm not gonna do that and walked out, frustrated. We then saw a large group of people walking into the Machines with the queue ticket in their hands. Gosh, the queue was long outside the shop and we were not sure how many of them are already at the Starbucks waiting for the ticket.
My Hubby quickly suggested that we check the Harvey Norman located at the 1st floor as they too sell Apple products. And thank goodness, they had it and the shop had no customers when we got there. We had a quick glance at the new Ipad, placed my order and got mine in just less than 10 minutes!
My Hubby did a favour to some customers who were queuing outside Machines by informing them about Harvey Norman. They rushed to HN and got theirs too. Just that easy.
And here it is....my newest gadget, the New Ipad :)
It's still charging at the time I made this entry. Will be exploring it soon :)
Apologize for have kept you waiting for the Eggless Caramel Pudding which I only shared the pudding image with you on my previous entry as I was terribly busy with things over here. I shot these pics in rush too...hope the wait will not disappoint you. :)
Without much blabbering, I'll take you straight to the recipe, shared by Kak Fida from MyResipi.com food portal. She is one generous and wonderful lady who loved sharing her recipes with others without hesitation. I remember jotting down this recipe some time back but I'm unable to link you to the original recipe right now. Can't find the link or maybe the portal server is temporarily down.
A yummy vanilla flan, that too eggless! I'd always prefer eggless desserts, not because of the calories but the egg smell that I can't digest at times, lol!
EGGLESS CARAMEL PUDDING
by Kak Fida, MyR
(A) For the caramel
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- sufficient water ( I used about 6 tbsps )
(B) For the pudding
- 4 cups of water
- 7gm agar-agar powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 tbsps custard powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a saucepan, melt sugar over low heat. Add water and keep stirring until the mixture turns a little brown. Do not over heat. Be extra careful when adding water to the sugar to avoid the splashes!
- Pour the caramelized sugar into small moulds or a round tin. Keep aside.
- Now prepare the pudding. Boil water with agar-agar powder, sugar and vanilla essence until dissolved.
- Meanwhile, mix evaporated milk and custard powder in a separate bowl or jug.
- Lower the heat. Pour the evaporated milk and custard mixture into the boiled water.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and becomes shiny for about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Pour the pudding mixture into the moulds you added the caramelized sugar earlier.
- Refrigerate until the pudding sets. Have them chilled :)
RECIPE IN MALAY
Puding Karamel Tanpa TelurKak Fida (MyResipi)
Bahan-bahan :- Untuk gula hangus
- 1 cawan gula
- sedikit air
- 4 cawan air
- 1 packet serbuk agar-agar (7gm) / 4 sudu kfc (rata) serbuk agar-agar
- 1 cawan gula **** jika suka manis boleh tambahkan sikit lagi
- 1 tin susu cair
- 2 sudu besar tepung kastard
- 1 sudu kecil esen vanilla
- Masak gula dengan api yang perlahan. Kacau sentiasa.Setelah gula cair dan keperangan masukkan sedikit air. Selepas masukkan air, kacau segera supaya gula tak berketul. Tuang dalam loyang. Ketepikan .... ***** (HATI-HATI semasa masukkan sedikit air selepas gula keperangan kerana wap panas akan terpercik)
- Didihkan 4 cawan air bersama serbuk agar-agar , gula dan esen vanilla. Masak hingga benar-benar mendidih.
- Dalam mangkuk yang lain, tuang susu cair dan tepung kastard. Kacau hingga larut. (Nina guna jug, lagi mudah)
- Setelah air mendidih, kecilkan api. Masukkan susu cair + tepung kastard yang telah dikacau sebati.
- Kacau hingga likat dan pekat dalam 5-7 minit.
- Tuangkan adunan ke dalam loyang . (di atas gula hangus tadi)
- Sejukkan dalam peti ais.