A draw via random.org will be held in few days time and watch out this space for the winners announcement soon after!
Okay, back to today's post title. Tofu is one of my most favourite and I love to eat them fried, steamed, in sambal etc etc. This time, in a curry...that too a yoghurt curry. Perfect with plain rice.
TOFU IN YOGHURT CURRY by love2cook
- 3 nos firm tofu ~ cut each into triangle
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices (cumin, fenugreek, mustard seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic ~ chopped
- 1 cm ginger ~ chopped
- 1 onions ~ sliced
- 2 green chillies ~ sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 large potato
- 1 carrot ~ cut lengthwise
- 1 large tomato ~ cut 4
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish curry powder
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- 700ml water (depends on gravy thickness you desire)
- Fry tofus until all sides turned lighter brown. Sprinkle some salt over tofus once you place them in oil. Set aside the fried tofus.
- Keep abt 4 tbsp oil in wok and saute the mixed spices. Add garlic, ginger, onion, green chillis and curry leaves. Stir awhile and add potatoes.
- Add water, chilli powder, curry powder and salt. Cover lid and let boil for few minutes or until potatoes cooked.
- Add carrots and tomatoes. Allow to boil few times and add yoghurt, mix.
- Lastly, add the fried tofu and mix well. Check for salt. Dish out...