♥...Spicy Turmeric Chicken...♥
Let's get into the recipe..
SPICY TURMERIC CHICKEN (Ayam Pedas Berkunyit) by love2cook
- 1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and cut into medium-sized pieces, pat dry
- 10 shallots *
- 6 garlic cloves *
- 1.5 inches ginger *
- 1.5 inches fresh turmeric *
- 7 pcs red chillies *
- 7 pcs bird's eye chillies *
- 4 lemongrass stalks *
- 2 inches galangal *
- 250ml thick coconut milk
- 4 pcs kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tamarind slices
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Blend all ingredients marked * until it becomes a paste.
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, blend paste, kaffir lime leaves and little salt. Mix well and marinate for about 1 hour.
- Heat oil in wok, deep fry the marinated chicken pieces until 3/4 cooked. (Keep aside the excess marinated mixture together with kaffir lime leaves). Dish out the fried chicken pieces on a paper towel.
- Reduce oil in wok, leave enough to stir. Pour excess marinated mixture into wok and leave it to simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk, tamarind slices and salt. Stir together and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the fried chicken..cook covered for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked. Dish out. Ready to serve with hot steaming rice.
Hope U'll enjoy the dish as we did...