Seeing you again in the month of May 2014. Hope all of you are doing great there!
Thank you for your endless support and care towards my blog and recipes… :)
Sharing my simple stir fry today…using Kailan, tofus, dried shrimps and bird's eye chillies (cili padi). This dish is little spicy, you may use normal red chillies to substitute the cili padi.
Let's get into the recipe…
KAILAN TOFU WITH DRIED SHRIMPS
- 700gm kailan (baby kailan would be better)
- 3 firm tofus ~ cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp dried shrimps ~ soaked in water for 4 minutes
- 5 pcs bird's eye chillies (cili padi) ~ add more for more spicy
- 3 shallots ~ sliced
- 3 cloves garlic ~ minced
- 2 tsp cooking oil plus enough oil for frying tofus
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Coarsely pound soaked dried shrimps and bird's eye chillies.
- Blanch kailan in hot boiled water, mixed with little salt and sugar for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Fry tofus in oil until cooked. Sprinkle some salt over while frying. Remove the tofus and set aside.
- Heat oil cooking oil and sesame oil in wok, stir fry garlic and shallots.
- Add pounded ingredients and mix well. Keep stirring until the colour turns darker.
- Now add the fried tofus and kailan, add a little salt. Mix well and dish out immediately.
- Enjoy with hot plain rice!
**NOTE** : Alternatively, you can also add long beans to this dish.
All images are from my Samsung Galaxy S5 :)