Asam Pedas Ikan Tenggiri (Mackerel in Spicy Sour Gravy)
Apologize for my late post on this delicious Asam Pedas. It's one of my family's favourites. We used to have this a Taste Good Restaurant in Bandar Puteri Puchong. There, the whole fish is marinated with flour and crispy fried prior to adding the spicy and sour gravy.
Here, I just used mackerel blocks, rubbed with little turmeric powder and salt. Fry them before making the gravy.
Let's check it out!
Oh, before that! This recipe was inspired from none other than En Adnan Ibrahim a.k.a Che Mat Gebu a.k.a CMG's blog….TIFFINBIRU.
He has a long list of Asam Pedas recipes in his space. Do check them out too! Thank you CMG for giving me an idea on how to make this irresistible dish. I used whatever ingredients I could get, couldn't find the torch ginger bud (bunga kantan) though.
This was my first attempt…and my family loved it a lot! I slightly modified the recipe to suit our taste buds. Yummy Yummo!!! :)
Source & Inspiration : Tiffinbiru.com
Modified by : Love2cook Malaysia
Ingredients (A) :~
- 8 Mackerel blocks ~ marinated with 1.5 tsp turmeric powder and salt
- 10 pcs ladies fingers ~ sliced half
- 1 large tomato ~ sliced 6
- 6 tbsp dried chilli paste (reduce or add)
- 3/4 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 lemongrass stalks ~ slightly bruised
- 2 handful of daun kesum (laksa leaf) OR torch ginger bud (bunga kantan)
- salt to taste
- sufficient water
(B) To blend smooth
- 7 pcs shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1/2 inch belacan (shrimp paste)
- 3 pcs buah keras (candlenuts)
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- Fry the marinated fish blocks in oil until cooked. Set aside.
- Leave enough oil and sauté the blended ingredients until fragrant. Add the lemongrass stalks.
- Add chilli paste, stir and leave to boil for a few times.
- Now, add tamarind paste, ladies fingers, water and salt.
- Allow the gravy to boil. Add tomatoes and daun kesum.
- Lastly, put in the fried fish blocks.
- Give a few boils, check for salt and sourness. Ready to dish out.
Enjoy with hot steaming rice!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hi Dear Love,ReplyDelete
Hope u r doing great as always. yummy and delicious dish.have a nice week ahead
Hi LOVE..lamanya k.atie tak singgah kat sini.Biasa tegur LOVE kat FB jer..hehe.Wuii..sedapnya asam pedas tu...mkn ngan nasi panas mmg best!ReplyDelete
This looks so very delicious and hearty and healthy. Blessings, CatherineReplyDelete
Lamanya makcik tak komen......looks yummy. Used to do but minus ginger serai belacan n candlenuts...shud try with inclusion of those items. Tw
Sri, your asam pedas looks fantatstic! I will not only eat the fish and vege, I will also drink the gravy!ReplyDelete
this looks so delicious... would love to have it with a plate of rice...ReplyDelete
yummy tempting preparationReplyDelete
Wow..! sedapnya... lauk fav k.gee ni...ReplyDelete
This looks so good!ReplyDelete