Recipe as promised before!
Bought some bananas just to make this cake...and no disappointments with the result. For someone like me, who don't really fancy banana cake, I just liked this one! Received good verdicts from my Hubby, Son and Daughter too ;)
I couldn't wait to slice the cake, thus we had the cake warm!
Do give it a try, and let me know if you did. You don't have to bring out your electric mixer. A hand mixer or a whisk is enough ;)
SIMPLY MOIST BANANA CAKE
I used a handmixer, you can also use a whisk.
- 113gm butter ~ melted
- 185gm caster sugar (add or less depending on bananas sweetness)
- 2 "A" sized eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup ( 125ml ) buttermilk ( I used Paul's )
- 4 riped bananas ( about 1+1/4 cups ) ~ finely mashed
- 185gm Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- icing sugar ( optional )
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat/whisk eggs and sugar for few seconds.
- Beat/whisk in vanilla essence and buttermilk. Add melted butter, continue beat/whisk.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Fold in the flour + baking soda + salt until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a lined and greased cake pan.
- Bake at 170 C for 40-45 minutes, or until done. Insert a skewer to check.
- Allow the cake to rest on a wired rack until cool.
- Dust some icing sugar over the cake before serving. Enjooooy!
1. The batter will be runny, not to worry!
2. To prevent a dark top, cover the cake pan with aluminium foil after 20 minutes of bake.
3. The bananas I used were really sweet, thus 185gm sugar was sufficient.
4. Buttermilk works best for this recipe, but you can also use fresh milk.
Cool the cake completely if you have the patience ;)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin