A delicious delight in the form of brownies...enjoy!
I've added powdered almond, you may go for chopped almonds or any nuts you'd prefer! ;)
MOCHA ALMOND BROWNIES
- 120gm dark chocolate ~ chopped smaller
- 60gm butter
- 180gm brown sugar or castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 85gm plain flour / wheat flour (tepung gandum)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 30gm powdered almond or chopped nuts
- Dissolve instant coffee powder in 1 tbsp hot water, set aside to cool.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Using double-boiler method, melt dark chocolate and butter. Set aside to cool.
- Beat sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add in coffee and chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in dry ingredients and add powdered almond.
- Pour in a greased and lined 8inch square cake tin.
- Bake at 170C for 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire rack.
CHOCOLATE SAUCE TOPPING
- 55gm butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 115gm icing sugar
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Using double-boiler method, mix and melt.
- Keep stirring until sugar and cocoa powder dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Spread over the brownies and chill for 2 hours. Slice and serve ;)
YUMMY YUMM! ^_^
Linking my brownies to Archana's Mad Scientist Kitchen ;)