Kasoori Methi Chicken with Sour Cream & A Short Break!
Finally! I got my hands on Kasoori Methi....dried fenugreek leaves! The aroma of these dried leaves gave a twist to my normal chicken curry.
To make the dish extra special, I add light sour cream. Sour cream definitely wonders me! Love it more than yoghurt :)
Sharing my special dish just for you all! Enjoy ;)
KASOORI METHI CHICKEN WITH SOUR CREAM
- 1/2 chicken ~ cleaned, skinned and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamoms
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 large onion
- 2 green chillies ~ sliced
- 1 large tomato ~ diced
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp corriander powder
- 4 tbsp light sour cream
- 2 tbsp kasoori methi
- corriander leaves (optional) ~ to garnish
- In a small bowl, make a paste of chilli powder, turmeric and corriander powder with little water.
- Heat wok with oil, saute cinnamon stick and cardamoms. Add onion and green chillies. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, stir and add tomatoes.
- Now, enter the paste. Mix thoroughly for another minute.
- Place the chicken pieces and salt, stir and cook with lid covered until chicken is tender. Add water if needed.
- Once the chicken is well cooked, add sour cream and kasoori methi. Stir even, add salt if needed. Allow to simmer for few minutes.
- Dish out and garnish with corriander leaves.
I shall be seeing you again after a short break from Bloggywood.
Till then, keep well and enjoy your stay at my CyberHome!
SEE YA ALL!