Recipe originally adapted from Belinda Jeffrey's Mix and Bake book and I got it from Divya's yummy blog.
THE MOST FABULOUS BANANA CAKE by Belinda Jeffrey
source : Divya Easycooking
- 110gm plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 very ripe large banana (about 1/2 to 3/4 cups when mashed) ~ I used 2 bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter
- 50ml sour cream (or buttermilk as in original recipe) ~ I used buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Mash the banana with a fork. Make sure the banana is really ripe.
- Beat sugar and egg, add mashed banana. Then add butter and beat for another minute until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Next, add the buttermilk and vanilla extract and beat until just blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and fold until just blended. Don't overdo the mixing part.
- Pour into greased pan and smooth out the top layer evenly.
- Bake at 180C for about 40 mins or until the top turns golden brown and the cake passes the skewer test. Remove and let cool completely.