Stir-fried Turmeric Chicken with Vegetables...(Ayam Goreng Kunyit )
Hola my lovely readers!
As I promised on my FB page, here's the recipe for an easy one pot chicken dish! Heeeee heeee...simple one of course!!! :=)
Turmeric powder plays the vital role for this recipe and you may also substitute chicken with prawn, squid or even with baby potatoes/ tofu for vegetarians. If you are a chicken liver + gizzard lover, then give it a shout!
As for the vegetables, you can go for french beans, cauliflower, baby corn etc etc....
STIR-FRIED TURMERIC CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
(A) Marinate for 30 minutes
- 2 large pieces of chicken breast ~ skinned and cut into small pieces
- 1.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- a sprinkle of course blackpepper
- 2 yellow onions ~ sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic *
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps * - soaked in water for 10 mins
- 1 inch ginger *
- 2 red chillies ~ cut lengthwise
- 1 large carrot ~ cut about 2 inch lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 10 long beans ~ cut about 2 inch lengthwise
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- oil for frying
- Pound smooth garlic, dried shrimps and ginger. Skip dried shrimps if you are doing a vegan version.
- Heat oil and fry the marinated chicken pieces until cooked. You may also fry them longer until darker, but make not too long or else, your chicken will be hard. Set aside.
- Reduce oil, stir the pounded ingredients. Add in onions and chillies, fry until fragrant.
- Add vegetables, oyster sauce and a pinch of salt. Cook for few minutes. Be cautious, as you've already added salt to your marinated chicken.
- Finally stir in the fried chicken pieces. Give it a cool mix!
- Ready to be served with rice....
Give it a try, friends....and do share your pics at my FB page! Thank you and have a great week over there!