SPICY CARAMEL CHICKEN...
Another chicken recipe, yet again...hahah!
The main ingredient in this dish is the caramel sauce...and of course chicken! LOL...
Serve with hot steamed rice or have them just like that....my son and I skipped second helping on rice but enjoyed the caramelised chicken pieces to the bits. Try it and let me know!
Do share them on my FB page :)
SPICY CARAMEL CHICKEN
(A) Blend smooth
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 shallots
- 2 inches ginger
(B) Marinade for 30 minutes
- 1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and skinned ( you may also use sliced boneless chicken breast )
- 2 tbsp blended ingredients (A)
- 3 tbsp cooking caramel
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- cooking oil
- 2 large onion ~ sliced
- 7 pcs hot & spicy dried chillies ~ sliced half
- 4 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 4 tbsp cooking caramel
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 sprigs curry leaves / spring onions
- sufficient water
The cooking caramel sauce I bought from Tesco.
- Blend smooth ingredients (A). Take 2 tbsp for marination.
- Marinade chicken for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces until cooked. Drain excessive oil and set aside.
- Reduce oil and sauté curry leaves, dried chillies, onion and remaining blend ingredients until fragrant.
- Add dried chilli paste and stir for few minutes.
- Add cooking caramel, oyster sauce, sesame oil and followed by water and salt.
- Allow to boil a few times, keep stirring.
- Add in the fried chicken pieces. Mix well until the chicken pieces are well coated with the sauce.
- Check for salt and dish out.
- Serve while still hot!
*Add spring onions in the end.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
wow amazing chicken recipe Sri :) makes me drool I want to have it right now with few naans :)ReplyDelete
Can i know wer to get the cooking caramel??ReplyDelete
Hi dear...from Tesco ma. I've posted the pic on my fb page.Delete
Wowowoooo.... yummy nyaaaa..... !!!ReplyDelete
Simply awesome and delicious looking chicken. Do you prepare the caramel sauce at home or you get it from store. Would try it out very soon.ReplyDelete
Hi Deepa...the cooking caramel sauce is from Tesco. I've just updated the pic. Thanks dear!Delete
those close up shots are killing me... gosh... where do i go now???ReplyDelete
Wow akka! U never fail to salivate the world. Hehe. I'm so going to try it!! Miss ur frequent updates. =(ReplyDelete
Wow akka!! U never fail to salivate the world!! I'm so going to dig into this recipe and try this. Ur the next nigella la ka. Hehe Miss your frequent updates here. =(ReplyDelete
Adoi, Sri! Luckily I got caramel sauce in the fridge. This is one dish that I have got to cook!ReplyDelete
my son and I skipped second helping on rice but enjoyed the caramelised chicken pieces to the bits. Try it and let me know!websiteReplyDelete
Chicken looks absolutely delicious Sri :-) I have to buy the sauce soonReplyDelete
Wow, looks like a yummy dish! I've yet to try caramel chicken........ Yum!ReplyDelete
loved this spicy caramel chicken dear....looks too tempting...happily following you ...ReplyDelete
Yummy chicken...id love to try this recipe sri...im sure it taste as gud as it looks!!ReplyDelete
woww... caramelised is like madu chicken ke akka?.. can substitue meh...??ReplyDelete