Another chicken recipe, yet again...hahah!
The main ingredient in this dish is the caramel sauce...and of course chicken! LOL...
Serve with hot steamed rice or have them just like that....my son and I skipped second helping on rice but enjoyed the caramelised chicken pieces to the bits. Try it and let me know!
Do share them on my FB page :)
SPICY CARAMEL CHICKEN
(A) Blend smooth
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 shallots
- 2 inches ginger
(B) Marinade for 30 minutes
- 1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and skinned ( you may also use sliced boneless chicken breast )
- 2 tbsp blended ingredients (A)
- 3 tbsp cooking caramel
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- cooking oil
- 2 large onion ~ sliced
- 7 pcs hot & spicy dried chillies ~ sliced half
- 4 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 4 tbsp cooking caramel
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 sprigs curry leaves / spring onions
- sufficient water
The cooking caramel sauce I bought from Tesco.
- Blend smooth ingredients (A). Take 2 tbsp for marination.
- Marinade chicken for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces until cooked. Drain excessive oil and set aside.
- Reduce oil and sauté curry leaves, dried chillies, onion and remaining blend ingredients until fragrant.
- Add dried chilli paste and stir for few minutes.
- Add cooking caramel, oyster sauce, sesame oil and followed by water and salt.
- Allow to boil a few times, keep stirring.
- Add in the fried chicken pieces. Mix well until the chicken pieces are well coated with the sauce.
- Check for salt and dish out.
- Serve while still hot!
*Add spring onions in the end.