Quick & Easy :~ Plain Briyani Rice In Rice Cooker
Glad to see you all again in the month of April 2014! It's always a pleasure to return to my cyberbaby…my blog.
Some emailed me requesting for new recipes, some emailed me not to shut down my blog as the recipes I've posted are still helpful to them. No worries my friends…this blog will remain active for all of you unless plagiarism goes bad. If that goes beyond my control, I will open this blog for invited readers. Till then, you're most welcome in here :)
I'm here today to share a simple and quick Briyani rice recipe. Let's see…
PLAIN BRIYANI RICE In RICE COOKER
- 5 rice cups basmathi rice ~ washed and soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste *
- 2 onions ~ thinly sliced *
- 1 cinnamon stick *
- 1 star anise *
- 4 pcs cardamom *
- 1/2 tsp fennel *
- 1/2 tsp cumin *
- 1 tbsp briyani spice powder *
- 3 pandan leaves ~ knotted *
- 1 rice cup evaporated milk (or plain yoghurt)
- 5 tbsps ghee
- 6-7 rice cups of water
- 2 tbsps salt
For garnishing :~ 2 tbsps toasted raisins
2 tbsps toasted cashew nuts (toast them in little ghee)
- Wash soaked basmathi rice and drain excessive water. Transfer into rice cooker. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a wok and sauté all ingredients marked * for 5 minutes over low flame.
- Add the sautéed ingredients together with ghee into rice cooker.
- Gently mix the rice grains and add evaporated milk, water plus salt. Mix well, cover with lid and turn on the rice cooker.
- Allow to cook and keep warm for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork or chopstick, gently stir the cooked rice.
- Sprinkle the toasted cashew nuts and raisins over. Ready to be served.
Thanks for dropping by! ^_^