Spicy Chicken Varuval with Shredded Lemongrass...
SPICY CHICKEN VARUVAL WITH SHREDDED LEMONGRASS
To marinade; (A)
- 1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and cut into medium/small pieces
- 4 tbsp ginger ~ garlic paste
- 4 tbsp chilli powder ~ reduce if you prefer less spicy
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tandoori powder
To fry; (B)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 cardamoms
- 3 large onions ~ thinly sliced
- 5-7 dried chillies ~ cut each into half
- 5 stalks lemongrass ~ shredded lengthwise
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- cooking oil
- Mix ingredients (A) and marinade for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Deep fry chicken pieces in batches until cooked. Transfer to a plate, with paper towel on.
- Mix ingredients (B) in the leftover marinade mixture.
- Reduce oil in wok.
- Stir-fry these ingredients in oil for 10-15 minutes under low flame.
- Sprinkle a little salt and add the fried chicken pieces.
- Mix thoroughly until the chicken pieces are well coated.
- Check for salt and it's ready to be served with rice.
Note : You may add coarsed blackpepper.
Thank you for stopping by,
Looks super yummy Sri..:-) Will give this a try sometime soon!ReplyDelete
Looks great, one question, do you de-bone the chicken?ReplyDelete
Ooo Veni ..I would love to finish that bowl of varuval in one sitting...looks really yummy.ReplyDelete
awesome chicken varuval, kolluthae ;) totally love it and your close up shots make my stomach burn :PReplyDelete
wow ..I am drooling over here ..Love ur clicks dear :)ReplyDelete
after so long... the shots are making me crazy... yum yum....ReplyDelete
W0o Will love to grab some chicken off the screen. Love it. Awesome clicksReplyDelete
tempting varuval makes me drool :-)ReplyDelete
Simply awesome and delicious looking chicken veruval.ReplyDelete
As always, the pictures are stunning.... (even if I don't eat Non veg! :D )ReplyDelete
Adoi doi! Drooling like mad lah, Sri! How to diet like that? I love chicken varuval - can wallop 2 plates of rice!ReplyDelete
Hehe...can ...I give you 3 plates, ;)Delete
Mouthwatering yummy chicken varuval..have to give a try...ReplyDelete
Thank you Prethika ;)Delete
oh my!! you are the BEST!!ReplyDelete
Thank you ma Shailaja...how are you?????? :)Delete