SPICY CHICKEN VARUVAL WITH SHREDDED LEMONGRASS
To marinade; (A)
- 1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and cut into medium/small pieces
- 4 tbsp ginger ~ garlic paste
- 4 tbsp chilli powder ~ reduce if you prefer less spicy
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tandoori powder
To fry; (B)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 cardamoms
- 3 large onions ~ thinly sliced
- 5-7 dried chillies ~ cut each into half
- 5 stalks lemongrass ~ shredded lengthwise
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- cooking oil
- Mix ingredients (A) and marinade for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Deep fry chicken pieces in batches until cooked. Transfer to a plate, with paper towel on.
- Mix ingredients (B) in the leftover marinade mixture.
- Reduce oil in wok.
- Stir-fry these ingredients in oil for 10-15 minutes under low flame.
- Sprinkle a little salt and add the fried chicken pieces.
- Mix thoroughly until the chicken pieces are well coated.
- Check for salt and it's ready to be served with rice.
Note : You may add coarsed blackpepper.
Thank you for stopping by,