My first post on New Year…Spicy Ginger Fried Chicken :)
Hello to one and all…my friends, readers, new visitors and co-bloggers :)
We are at the very first day of 2014 and let me wish you all A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014! May the year of horse brings you abundance of joy, happiness, great health and success.
Let's be positive in every move and decision we make. Life is to be cherished, and let's just live it. Leave behind hatreds, jealousy and all negative thoughts.
If you've been following me for 4 years now, you would have surely known my love towards fried chicken. Why not, my blog has chicken recipes the most. It's very heartwarming to receive mails and messages from you, my dear readers requesting for more chicken recipes and also waiting for my blog to be updated.
Well, here's for you all. A very simple fried chicken! :)
SPICY GINGER FRIED CHICKEN
- 1 whole chicken ~ cut into medium sized pieces ( or any part of the chicken, eg. drumsticks, wings )
- 4 inches ginger *
- 6 cloves garlic * blend smooth
- 1/2 tsp coarse blackpepper
- 2.5 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 egg whites ~ beaten
- 6 tbsps chicken frying flour, eg. Kentucky flour ( I used Aroma's spicy chicken fry flour )
- some curry leaves ( to be added when the chicken is frying )
- In a bowl, mix chicken pieces with all the ingredients, as per the order above.
- Marinade for 1 hour or longer.
- Heat sufficient oil in wok. Make sure the oil is hot enough but not smoky when you add the chicken pieces. Keep the flame medium. Throw some curry leaves in.
- Deep fry chicken pieces until cooked. Drain on a paper towel or best is on a wired rack.
- Serve while still warm. Enjoy!!!
WISH YOU ALL A FABULOUS AND BLESSED 2014