I'm back...Galangal Fried Chicken with Onion Crisps :)
Hello friends and readers of Love2cook Malaysia. Apologies for missing in action for more than a month! So, who missed me, who not? ;)
Unexpected things happened and I had to put my Blog and FB temporarily on hold until everything gets back on track. Thank God for keeping my family strong. Now, it's time for me to return to Bloggywood. I know I've missed one month long updates from the bloggers worldwide. I'll do my best to keep up with you as soon as I can.
Hearty thank you and welcome to new visitors and bloggers. Hope I've replied all your queries under the comments section.
To the rest of my cyber friends, thank you very much for all those messages, checking on my whereabouts. Gratitude!
As a comeback dish, let me serve you with yet another Fried Chicken from my kitchen. You should all know by now that I'm a chickenlover! Yes, a hardcore chickenlover :)
GALANGAL FRIED CHICKEN WITH ONION CRISPS
- 1/2 chicken ~ cleaned and pat dry *
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste *
- 3 tbsp galangal paste *
- 2 tbsp chilli powder *
- 1 tsp turmeric powder *
- 1/4 tsp garam masala *
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder *
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder *
- 4 tbsp buttermilk / yoghurt *
- 3 tbsp any chicken frying flour *
- salt to taste *
- 3 large onions ~ sliced into rings
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- oil to fry
- In a large bowl, mix together ingredients marked * and allow to marinade for an hour or longer.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces in oil until cooked. Rest on paper towel or wired rack with a plate to collect excess oil.
- Now, mix the onion rings and curry leaves into the leftover marinade mixture.
- Deep fry until they turn crispy. Spread over the fried chicken before serving.
- Enjoy the dish while hot!
Note: Blend chopped galangal with very little water to get the paste thick.
Need to get my hands more on the dslr again!
By the way, I do have couple of Guest Posts coming up on my space. Stay tuned for the loveliest food bloggers on earth!
Signing off for now,