Another chicken dish from my draft :)
AROMATIC CHICKEN MASALA
- 1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and cut into medium sizes
- 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 large onions ~ sliced
- 3 green chillies ~ sliced
- 2-3 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- handful of corriander leaves
- 2 tbsp coconut paste (kerisik)
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- little water
- Pat dry the cleaned chicken and mix well with chilli powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder, garam masala and salt. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat up oil in wok. Saute cumin, fennel and fenugreek seeds. Add sliced onion and green chillies. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste. Stir for another 1 minute.
- Enter the marinated chicken, stir and cook covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked. Add some water if it's too dry.
- Check for salt and keep stirring the chicken for another 5 minutes or so, to make it drier.
- Finally, add in the coconut paste (kerisik). Mix well and sprinkle some corriander leaves before serving. Goes well with chapatis and rice.
Thanks a ton for your wishes on our recent 9th Wedding Anniversary! May all your wishes and blessings come true for both of us. God bless you!