This is one cake which has gone viral among Malaysian Food Bloggers of late. Me, not wishing to miss the train, gave it a try and the cake was liked by all. The cake itself is not too cheesy, but the filling and topping, yes. Thus, for those who don't really fancy cheesecakes can try this!
You can also use your own cheesecake recipe for the cake part. Just slice the cake into half, fill and top with cream cheese and grate cheddar cheese over. Done!
Before we go to the recipe, let me thank the recipe owner Sherry_Mz of Myresipi.com for sharing this wonderful and yummilicious recipe with us. She should be really proud and happy to see the number of food bloggers and readers tried her recipe. Also thanking fellow Malaysian bloggers for sending the vibes to others...and that includes me! LOL ;)
Now, to the recipe. I have translated the original recipe which was in Malay.
SNOW CHEESECAKE (KEK CHEESE BERSALJI)
by Sherry_Mz, Myresipi.com
Ingredients (A) :~
- 6 eggs (discard 2 whites, so it should be 6 egg yolks + 4 egg whites)
- 100 gm of refined sugar
- 100 gm Hong Kong flour ( I used Superfine / Cake flour )
- 60 gm of cornflour (cornstarch)
- 50 gm of cold water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ovelette / cake stabiliser
- 75 gm of butter (melted)
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence (I added)
For the cream part ; Beat until smooth and thick, no lumps. Chill in refrigerator awhile.
- 250gm cream cheese
- 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk
For topping ;
- 1/2 box Kraft cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Mix all ingredients (A) except butter in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat over medium speed until smooth and thick.
- Then, add the melted butter. Beat again until well incorporated and thick.
- Pour batter into a lined and grease cake pan. Bake over 150C for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wired rack. Slice the cake into half.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on one surface of the cake. Place the other half on top.
- Now, spread the cream all over the cake.
- Garnish with grated cheddar cheese.
- Chill the cake for another 1-2 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Check my FB Page for more pics on the making of this cake! LOVE2COOK MALAYSIA
Yumm Yumm! Isn't this too good????
See ya'll again!