Wish you all are having a great time preparing for the big day! To those leaving for hometowns, 'balik kampung' ...have a safe journey back to your loved ones.
Something for you all,
photo by: My Hubby ;)
Now moving to a deeeeeeeeeeelicious cake I made last week. Regret for not making this cake much earlier.
Bookmarked it from Kak Ayu's blog. I doubled the ingredients for the cake and followed the same quantity of ingredients for the cream cheese and chocolate ganache.
Check out the recipe! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
DEVIL'S FOOD CHOCOLATE CAKE
Ingredients:- ( This is the original recipe, I doubled the cake part in blue )
- 1 cup all purpose flour ( 2 cups )
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder ( 1/2 cup )
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate soda ( 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt ( 1/2 tsp )
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar ( 1 cup )
- 1/2 brown sugar ( 1 cup )
- 65g butter ( 120gm)
- 1 large egg ( 2 eggs )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( 2 tsp )
- 1/4 cup buttermilk ( 1/2 cup )
- 1/2 cup warm water ( 1 cup )
- Set your oven at 170C
- Prepare your cake tin.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate soda, salt, and set aside.
- Beat butter with sugars until light and fluffy, add eggs.
- When all well incorporated add the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder etc) and alternate with liquid ingredients (buttermilk + warm water) in three portions, last incorporate the vanilla extract.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until just cooked.
Cream Cheese Frosting;
- 250g Philadelphia cheese
- 125 butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice of a squeezed slice of lemon
- 200ml double cream with at least 30% fat content-I used whippping cream
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- a pinch of salt
Let the cake cool completely, spread the cream cheese frosting and pour the ganache on top.
WISH YOU A GREAT WEEKEND