Well, it has been quite some time since I blogged! I was extremely busy with family and other things, and now fallen sick. Still recovering here, home rest!
Presenting you a chicken dish from my very own kitchen. Argghhh yeah, chicken and me are close enemies!!! I enjoy eating them anytime...hahaha!
This is just another version of my Indian Style Chicken Stir Fry, rich with spices. Do give it a try and enjoy!
To blend dry or with little water
5 pcs shallots
4 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
3 stalks lemongrass
1/2 inch fresh turmeric
1 inch galangal
1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 pc cinnamon stick
2 pcs cardamom
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 onion ~ sliced
2 pcs green chillis ~ sliced
1 stalk curry leaves
1 pc dried bay leaf
1 1/2 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt. Let it marinate for 15 minutes and deep fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Reduce oil in wok and saute cinnamon stick, cardamom and cumin until fragrant. Add sliced onion, green chillis, curry and bay leaf. Keep stirring.
- Add blended paste and stir for 5 minutes. Add in curry and chilli powder. Add salt.
- Mix thoroughly and add some water according to the thickness you preferred.
- Let the gravy boil for few times. Add fried chicken pieces and keep stirring for almost 10-15 minutes until the spices mixed well and the gravy becomes dryer. Check for salt.
- Done, ready to serve.
p/s : You may add 1/4 cup of thick coconut milk to make the dish more creamier.