Owh yeah talking about my kitchen...many has been asking me if the kitchen image at my blog header is my own kitchen or what. Hehe, yes friends...that kitchen is mine! Build with Black and White theme. I've posted my kitchen pictures here before...please head over to MY KITCHEN IMAGES to check it out!
Okey, back to the appam matter...hehe! Just remembered that I steamed this appam before Diwali. It's been sleeping inside my folder all these while. So here it is...
APAM MEKAR (APPAM BLOSSOM) by Kak Hanieliza
( I made single colour only, check out the original link on how to make few colours)
- 250 gm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml fresh milk
- 300 gm wheat flour
- 1 tsp ovallette
- food colouring
- paper cups ( I used small cups)
- Heat up the food steamer with sufficient water.
- Beat sugar with egg till fluffy. Add vanilla essence and continue beating.
- Fold in wheat flour, milk and ovallette. Beat until fully incorporated.
- Add your favourite colouring and mix well.
- Pour mixture in paper cups about 3/4 each.
- Place the paper cups in the appam mould and steam for 15 minutes. (Make sure the heat is high if U want your appam to smile!)
- Serve with grated coconut+little salt.